Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dear Woman in Market:

I was doing some shopping in an outdoor market.  It was very crowded.  People were pushing and shoving and weaseling their way through the crowd trying to navigate the masses.  Many people had those obnoxious rolling shopping cart things to put all their shit in.  I was standing off to the side while I waited for a friend to buy some veggies.  While waiting I felt something bump into my foot.  I turned to find a little old lady.  You had mistakenly bumped your obnoxious rolling cart thing into the side of my foot.  I smiled as if to say, "No worries, old lady."  Instead of being polite and perhaps pushing your cart elsewhere, you just looked at me briefly and then proceeded to drag your cart over my poor foot.  I should note that I was wearing sandals when this occurred, and having someone drag a small shopping cart over your mostly bare foot is not particularly pleasant.  But hey, I haven't actually been wronged in weeks, so good job little old lady with the annoying cart.  Way to wrong me today.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, when I'm an old lady I'm going to run over people's toes with shopping carts. Especially if they call me an old lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what the piss!

    And seriously, you need to post again! I miss your hilarious posts. I find it hard to believe you haven't been wronged in months - I was wronged today!

    Y U No post lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Loved reading various posts on your blog---just discovered it today.

    I'm actually a theatre producer/director, putting up a production: BOSTONblogologues in March 2012. If you have any interest of your blog being a part of it and would like more information please let me know. You can email me at:
    turnstyletheatre@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is everyday at the shuk. it's like a right of passage.

    ReplyDelete